This program is different from what I'd seen in that
area. Looking at
GSQL I thought
It's too complicated to handle :).
I'm very lazy and could force myself to do smthg once,
but not to do the same thing
(designing PROCS, programming, compiling
and the worst - thinking... I believe ideal
situation is when one shouldn't think -
just press keys and buttons)
each time new table being exported to Web.
Why not to have script for all cases ?
Here it is.
After getting source and
you should not bother any more.
When some new table becames available - just grant select on it
to "httpd" or whatever name you choose. That's all :).
There are some tricks to use Russian
- I dislike ANSI C and prefer KR style with havvy
Disgustful, yeah ?
- Having at hand only ancient Oracle ( V6 ) running on
not less ancient SVR3 Unix, I hadn't tested it under another
combinations. If you interested in that - pls, send me patches,
enhancements etc. Or give me account with modest tablespace.
- Select statement generation is somewhat awkward and limited.
I'm planning to add multiple "where" clause expressions,
"group by" clause, "distinct", "order by" etc.
- More effective fetching can be done, but I doubt, is it
worth trying ?
- CGI's GET method should be replaced by POST because form output
for selections other than trivial will be really big.
- And many more ...
Let's Look ?
Form will allow you
More information on how to use
WORA forms, Oracle wildcards
etc. available for users with no specific knowledge in
- Choose what fields you will get retrieved from the DB
- What fucntions will be applied to selected fields
- Enter one search criteria in the form
function(field) operator expression.
Any feedback appreciated, especially from non-www-database people.
I'd want to know isn't using this thing too heavy for the freshmen ?